ATTENTION 2024 Changes
We have implemented some changes in 2024 and are in the process of developing a new online intake platform.
We have changed our service code from S5120 to S5121.
Scene Clean accepts participants in the State of Minnesota waiver programs such as:
CADI | Brain Injury | Disability | Elderly | AC
Primary Services we provide under the waiver program fall under chore services, S5121 including;
- Hoarding and/or gross filth clean out and sanitizing.
- Biohazard removal.
- Pest control services such as bedbugs, fleas, and vermin (sub-contracted). Clients who have a landlord are not allowed pest control services per the terms of the MN DHS, pest control is the responsibility of the landlord.
- We have provided services outside of these on a case-by-case basis, please call to discuss. 612-643-0911 Ext. 35.
We DO NOT provide the following services:
- Carpet cleaning other than spot cleaning to remove biohazards.
- Organizing personal property, We are not organizers.
- Mold mitigation.
- “Detailed or Deep” home cleaning. Our focus is on removing biohazards and gross filth and sanitizing those areas. Bathrooms and kitchens are often the most affected by biohazards and gross filth. We are not a regular cleaning agency set up to wash windows, vacuum carpets, mop, and dust, etc. However, our goal on every job is to get the waiver client set up so homemaking can take over and do those more detailed services.
- Packing and/or moving of client’s belongings.
Detailed instructions are noted during the registration process, but here is a brief outline as multiple steps, on this website, are required by the case manager to complete the process;
- Step 1; Register the client below (RED BUTTON)
- We will register the client and respond back via email with the JOB ID once accepted. Even if we have serviced the client previously, every service will need a new registration.
- Step 2: Input SA Approval for the Onsite Evaluation Fee (BLUE BUTTON)
- Onsite Evaluations will only be scheduled through the case manager once this step has been completed. The onsite evaluation is an in-person home visit and gathering of information such as logistics and contacting third parties to allow and accurate pricing for the service itself and is only completed after step 1 has been completed by the case manager.
- Step 3: Input SA approval for costs requested to perform the service (BLUE BUTTON)
- Service will be scheduled through the case manager upon completion of this step.